Our Ionic training course shows you how the latest version of Ionic is used to develop apps for the Apple App and Google Play mobile app stores. Thorough grounding in best practices, performance and coding for maintainability are covered. As much hands-on coding as possible means delegates will be very well equipped to develop serious scalable mobile app projects.
Ionic provides tools and services for developing hybrid mobile apps using Web technologies like CSS, HTML5, and Sass. Apps can be built with these Web technologies and then distributed through native app stores to be installed on devices by leveraging Cordova.
A good understanding of Angular is essential to get the most out of this course. No prior iOS or Android programming experience is necessary, though an understanding of the mobile ecosystem really helps. Delegates should sign up for free developer accounts with either platform before attending the course.
weather.com is built with Angular - it gives you one of the most precise weather forecasting reports and is highly recommended. It gives you weather updates from all over the world which keeps on updating at regular intervals.
• Comparing Ionic to native iOS and Android development
• Single-code-base advantages
• How modular Angular architecture underpins app development
• Typical workflow and tool-chain development
• The importance of scalability, maintainability and testability
• Overview of submitting to app stores
• How Ionic and Cordova make web technologies work as a native app
• Installing NodeJS, Ionic and Cordova
• Creating projects for iOS, Android and other platforms
• Following best practice for a particular platform
• Evaluating expressions
• Binding to attributes, properties and styles
• One-way and two-way binding
• Action sheets, Alerts and Badges
• Interactive elements and forms
• Menus, Tabs, Views and Navigation
• Routing, Inputs, Outputs and custom events
• Template syntax, repeaters and conditional content
• Grids, Cards, Lists and Layout
• Ionic form fields, date-pickers, selection options etc.
• Validation feedback and user experience
• Binding form field values to data models
• Ionic Native
• Using the native Camera, Geolocation, Maps, Calendar etc.
• Promises and Observables
• Device-specific issues
• Running an App in the background
• A few things Ionic cannot do
• Invoking device sensors and capabilities
• Network detection
• Practical memory and resource considerations
• Making calls for external resources
• Passing parameters out to servers
• Persistent and transient storage
• Managing state
• Runtime diagnostics
• Serving to devices and emulators
• Browser-based tools
• Managing an app theme
• Using SASS variables
• Platform styles
• Icons and Glyphs
• Powerful CLI features
• Creating a starter project with the CLI
• Generating pages, components and providers from the command line
• Karma and Protractor
• Selenium testing server and Jasmine
• Overview of approaches to testing
• Development and Production modes
• Configuring an automatic build chain
• Optimizing for production
See why people choose JBI
12/02/2018: Your choice of development framework will have long term repercussions for IT and corporate strategy for years to come. When migrating and upgrading...
16/01/2018: React vs Angular which framework best for my organisation Speed, security and extensibility are the hallmarks of a great web service, and your...
09/01/2018: Using HTML is a great way to build static web pages that hardly need any movement or adaptability, but every time a dynamic environment is required,...
06/02/2018: Originating from Facebook, React is a component based front-end library that allows you to build applications out of a tree of small, testable,...
08/01/2018: Knowing you need an app is one thing, making it happen should be as painless as possible. When a team of experienced developers needed to work...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"