EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
LONDON UK | ONSITE | ONLINE
Our iOS App development training course has been developed to give developers an intensive introduction to the key hardware features and APIs available to create Line of Business apps for iPhone and iPad. The course features extensive hands-on labs and exercises using the latest versions of XCode and iOS.
• Downloading, installing and setting up the developer tools
• Using Xcode, Interface Builder and Instruments
• Setting up a developer’s iPhone
• iPhone software emulator
• Object orientated programming basics
• ANSI-C and Objective C
• C functions and Objective C functions
• Overview of Objective C datatypes
• Class writing, sub-classing and inheritance
• Fields, methods and messaging
• Limitations of the iPhone
• Key practices for successful iPhone software development
• iPhone technologies and their uses
• Location, orientation, acceleration and system information
• Power management issues
• Project and asset management
• Project templates
• Coding, building and debugging
• NIB/XIB files
• Properties (PLIST)
• Elements of creating a basic user interface
• Library and inspector tools
• Sub-classing, setting outlets and actions
• Managing connections and bindings
• Writing class files
• Manually creating outlets, targets and actions in Xcode
• File’s owner and First Responder
• Allocating and releasing memory
• Release count
• Pointers and memory locations
• Optimising and finding memory leaks with Instruments
• What is the difference with Cocoa?
• Foundation, UIKit, the Media Layer and CoreServices
• UIWindow and the Event loop
• Abstract classes
• Common objects
• NSString and NSNumber
• NSDate and NSCalendar
• NSArray and NSMutableArray
• UITableView and dataSource
• Key paths and bindings
• Key-Value Coding and nil
• Active, static and passive controls
• Responding to taps, touches and gestures
• The Accelerometer
• Image views and text fields
• Managing the user-input keyboard
• Accessing web services
• Multimedia - sound and video using the media player
• Alerts and low memory methods
• Autorotation and Autosizing
• Multiviews, Tabs and Pickers
• User defaults
• Application sandbox and data persistence
• Controller objects
• Camera and photo-library
See why people choose JBI
05/10/2017: Back in March 2014, the Angular team dropped a bomb by announcing Angular 2 and everyone started yelling. Instead of an evolutionary step forward,...
05/10/2017: MVC The Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern has a long history (together with its variants) and has been used in many languages...
10/02/2018: A leading Financial institution commissioned JBI to run a series of Agile/Scrum courses for various teams - inhouse. Pre-course consultation...
08/01/2018: Knowing you need an app is one thing, making it happen should be as painless as possible. When a team of experienced developers needed to work...
27/02/2018: Mariella has put together this short briefing on the bookmarks functionality in Power BI... "I love it!" she says.. Bookmarks has been available...
27/02/2018: Our world is changing; this is hardly anything new. New startups emerge consistently, almost on a daily basis, each claiming to have the latest...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
Excellent feedback, consistently !
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"