Our OBIEE training course is aimed at developers and power-users who wish to create their own reports and dashboards using Oracle BI EE 11g Enterprise Edition. We run this course as a consultative, workshop-style event, in which discussion of relevant topics takes place in relation to the delegates' own applications and scenarios.
• Introduction to Oracle BI
• Architecture overview
• Introduction to Oracle BI Analysis Editor
• Oracle BI column types
• Working with analyses in Oracle BI
• Using advanced formatting
• Introduction to filters and selections
• Creating, editing, and grouping filters
• Adding prompts to analyses
• Dynamic filtering
• Using saved analyses as filters
• Creating groups
• Creating calculated items
• Creating selection steps
• Setting analysis properties
• Combining analysis criteria by using set operations
• Executing direct database analyses
• Editing logical SQL generated by an analysis
• Creating a link to a saved analysis
• Creating an Excel Web Query file
• Maintaining the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog in the Catalog page
• Oracle BI and catalog security overview
• Managing security using roles
• Understanding security inheritance
• Setting object permissions
• Setting system privileges
• Archiving catalog items
• Introduction to views, graphs, and editors
• Working with views in Compound Layouts
• Creating and editing graphs
• Linking master-detail views
• Performing common view tasks
• Introduction to Gauge views
• Working with Gauge views
• Introduction to Map views and their components
• Creating and editing Map views
◦ Introduction to KPIs
◦ Creating KPIs, setting trending, dimensionality, and thresholds
◦ Introduction to KPI Watch lists
◦ Creating a KPI Watch list
◦ Introduction to pivot tables
◦ Creating, arranging, and formatting a pivot table
◦ Using hierarchical columns
◦ Sorting in pivot tables
◦ Setting aggregation and using totals
◦ Showing an item's relative value
◦ Building calculations and displaying running sums
◦ Introduction to dashboards and dashboard pages
◦ Creating and editing dashboards
◦ Using the Dashboard Builder
◦ Exploring dashboard object properties and options
◦ Publishing dashboard pages
◦ Creating personal customisations and using other page options
◦ Configuring Oracle Business Intelligence Dashboards
◦ Types of dashboard content
◦ Embedding content in dashboards
◦ Overview of variables
◦ Introduction to dashboard prompts and prompt types
◦ Adding a named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
◦ Adding a hidden named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
◦ Creating additional prompt page and setting page preferences
◦ Variables and prompts
◦ Adding variable prompts to a dashboard
◦ Introduction to Oracle BI Delivers
◦ Configuring delivery devices and adding delivery profiles
◦ Introduction to Alerts
◦ Adding an Alert Section to a dashboard
◦ Overview of Agents
◦ Configuring an Agent
◦ Using Analysis and KPI conditions to deliver content with Agents
◦ Subscribing to an Agent
◦ Introduction to Oracle BI Office Add-in
◦ Working with Oracle BI content in Microsoft Office applications
◦ Working with Oracle Business Intelligence Briefing Books
◦ Adding content to Briefing Books
◦ Editing Briefing Books
◦ Downloading and viewing Briefing Books
◦ Adding a list of Briefing Books to a dashboard
◦ Using Briefing Books with Oracle BI Delivers
31/07/2018: Example programmes delivered: Professional Scrum Master PSM I Agile and Scrum These are 2 day courses which focus on understanding the agile/scrum...
10/02/2018: A leading Financial institution commissioned JBI to run a series of Agile/Scrum courses for various teams - inhouse. Pre-course consultation...
03/10/2017: When a leading High Street Retailer (and purveyor of fine foods) recognised that teams of software engineers were writing overcomplicated and...
31/01/2019: Java is a well-established programming language that has been around since the mid 1990s. It’s used extensively in industry and commerce, and...
11/01/2019: Cloud computing has entered its second decade and is still growing strongly. Gartner, for example, has forecast the global public cloud services...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
0800 028 6400
"great tips help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"Short course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"