EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING COURSES FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
LONDON UK | ONSITE | ONLINE
Our Android porting training course shows how to port Android to a typical embedded hardware platform. It is intended for engineers who are starting out with a fresh Android implementation or who need to understand and modify an existing one. During the hands-on sessions attendees use the source code from the Android OpenSource Project (AOSP) and go through the steps of implementing Android on a common development board with an ARM Cortex A series processor. Emphasis is on understanding how the Android build system works and which components need tobe modified to suit particular hardware.
• Introduction to Android; review of open source licenses: GPL/LGPL, Apache, etc.
• Selecting a toolchain
• Getting and building the AOSP (repo, lunch, make)
• Begin creating a new board definition which will be used through the rest of the course
• Review of the Android kernel additions
• Merging the Android patches with an existing kernel BSP
• Kernel configuration options
• Adding the kernel to the board definition
• Overview of Android boot
• Selecting a bootloader and flash memory partition scheme
• Creating main and recovery boot images
• Customising the init.rc boot script and system properties
• Overview of the Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)
• Lights, sensors
• Configuring frame buffer driver, LCD and HDMI interfaces
• 3D graphics support: libEGL, GL ES 1.1/2.0
• The input layer: touch screens, mice, keyboards and keypads
• Input device configuration files: /system/usr/idc.
• Keyboard and button devices. gpio-buttons
• Single and multi touch. The multi-touch protocol input event protocol
• The audio HAL: libaudio
• Configuring ALSA sound drivers
• Video sources: camera devices and other inputs
• The Video 4 Linux framework
• Overview of integrating network devices into Android
• Wifi devices
• Wired Ethernet devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Power states and transitions
• Using wake locks to prevent the system going into sleep mode
• Operating on mains vs battery; managing battery charge and discharge cycles
See why people choose JBI
Call our Tech Team : 0800 028 6400 request info
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
Get in touch
0800 028 6400
When a leading High Street Retailer (and purveyor of fine foods) recognised that teams of software engineers were writing overcomplicated and...
The BBC, who have a very substantial investment in technology, were keen to improve the quality of software development: to instil developers...
This client was expanding its capability to deliver technical training across EMEA. It had recently acquired a large technology company which...
Our inspiring and up-to-date courses gain exceptional feedback
"great tips to help reduce build times"
"we got access to exclusive content"
"intensive course meant less time off"
"what an inspiring trainer !"
"colleagues at 2 sites joined via web"
"I passed my exam the next day"
Back in March 2014, the Angular team dropped a bomb by announcing Angular 2 and everyone started yelling. Instead of an evolutionary step forward,...
MVC The Model View Controller (MVC) architectural pattern has a long history (together with its variants) and has been used in many languages...
Python has taken the world of software development by storm. Here are the reasons why: Python is simple enough to be used to teach young children...