Our R for Reporting and Dashboards training course is designed for teams looking to create reports and dashboards programmatically from R. Many users look to R and Shiny as an alternative to Tableau, ClickView or Microsoft’s PowerBI.
It will help you leverage business intelligence in reports and dashboards that your customers and colleagues will enjoy using – including on mobile devices.
We will cover the basics of preparing data for use with R and then introduce an array of data visualisation tools. At the end of the course, you will have the necessary skills to start building powerful reports and dashboards.
This course is aimed at those that want to create reports or dashboards from existing R code or for teams who are considering replacing alternatives like Tableau and Microsoft PowerBI with Shiny. You’ll leave the course confident in users R to create clean, mobile-ready dashboards and reports.
"I enjoyed the in depth look into R with Shiny, and the course has given clarity over ways to improve reports, including the use of interactive charts through plotly and highcharter."
HS, Executive, R with Shiny, May 2021
• Basics of the R language
• Advantages of RStudio
• Discovering, installing and using R packages
• Importing data from Excel, .csv, SPSS and SAS files
• Long vs Wide Data
• Data.frames, tibbles and tidy data
• Factors, Dates and other data types
• Designing print-quality charts with ggplot2
• Principles of effective data visualisation design
• Create interactive BI charts with plotly and highcharter
• Create GIF to communicate BI data over time
• Creating geoscatterplots
• Obtaining shapefiles to create choropleth
• Designing effective choropleth with leaflet
• Designing print-quality PDF reports
• Designing interactive reports for the web
• Simplify monthly/quarterly reporting with parameterised RMarkdown reports
• Basics of dashboard design with Shiny
• Creating data-driven controls in Shiny apps
• Integrating interactive dataviz into Shiny apps
• Basics of deploying Shiny apps to the web
Receive the latest version of this course by email & subscribe to our Newsletter
AI & ML training course
React training course
Threat Modelling training course
Python for Data Analysts training course
Power BI training course
Machine Learning training course
Spring & Boot Microservices training course
Terraform training course
Kubernetes training course
C++ training course
Biztalk training course