Our Kubernetes training course covers the fundamentals needed to understand Kubernetes and get quickly up-to-speed, to start building distributed applications that will scale, be fault-tolerant and simple to manage.
From understanding its origin, to its high-level architecture, powerful API and key primitives, this course takes you from nothing to being in a position to start building complex applications.
Kubernetes builds on many years of Google’s experience managing containerized applications. With a growing open-source community, it is poised to change the way we build and manage applications, as well as change the role of system administrators.
This course will distill key principles, such as pods, deployments, replicasets, and services, and will give you enough information so that you can start using Kubernetes on your own.
Docker and Linux container technology
· Docker containers lifecycle
· Working with Docker images
· Network communication between containers
· Persistence of data in containers
· Container orchestration requirements and available options
· Introduction to Kubernetes and other orchestration systems
· Kubernetes core concepts: Pods, Labels, Controllers, Services, Secretes, Persistent Data Volumes, Claims, Namespaces, Quotas
· Kubernetes reference architecture and its main components
· Containers network model in Kubernetes
· Service discovery, scaling and load balancing
· DNS for service discovery
· Ingress controller and reverse proxy
· Persistence of application state and the data volume model in Kubernetes
· Storage backend in Kubernetes: local, NFS, GlusterFS, Ceph
· Cluster management
· Deployment of applications and services on a Kubernetes cluster
· Advanced controllers: Daemon Sets and Stateful Sets
· Job and Cron jobs
· Standalone pods
· Storage Classes and Dynamic Storage provisioning
· Network policies
· Securing a Kubernetes cluster
· Authentication, Authorization and Access Control
· Control Plane High Availability
· Auto Scaling
· Cluster monitoring
Receive the latest version of this course into your inbox
11/01/2019: Cloud computing has entered its second decade and is still growing strongly. Gartner, for example, has forecast the global public cloud services...
07/11/2018: Containerized applications are becoming very popular and it’s easy to understand why. They provide so many benefits to organisations, especially...
23/01/2018: Unifying software development and operations has been identified as the most effective way to deliver true digital transformation. DevOps is...
19/10/2017: Nowadays, there is a significant business advantage in being able analyse, process and visualize "big data". While there is no agreed definition...
19/10/2017: A leading Financial Services organisation was keen to get several of its teams working consistently in an "Agile" way. Agile is an iterative...
11/10/2017: The training was to target a team of developers, with a mix of Java, C# and some C++. The team made heavy use of Java SE with some elements of...
Bring a JBI course to your office
and train a whole team onsite
0800 028 6400 or request quote
0800 028 6400
Why JBI ?
"great technology tips"
"Access to exclusive content"
"Short course means less time off"
"Joined via web"
"Knowledgable sales staff"
Subscribe to our Newsletter – Receive the latest info on Tech courses & insights Subscribe